08 Mar 5 Simple Steps to Change Your Habits
Changing habits at any time is tough. We use “Atomic Habits” by James Clear to help with our coaching and training programs. You may want to read the book or have a crack at what our program participants have come up with to help them change their habits.
- Always have a plan and how you are going to act on that plan. Increase Activity: I will get active, twice a week at 5.30am for 15 minutes per time at the local gym.
- Try and link habits together. Drink more water: After every coffee I will drink a cup of water before doing anything else.
- Keep building and move from the current habits to those you wish to develop. To do list: After I have my coffee, and my glass of water, I will write my to do list for the day.
- Insert a new action into existing routine. Need to read more: Wake up, make my bed, take a shower, off to work is altered slightly with a book being left on my pillow in the morning, ready for me to read that evening.
- Try and avoid changing OLD HABITS as this is tough. The focus should be on introducing NEW HABITS. This means you will always be building a collection of new and exciting habits. Small changes and additions regularly are the key.