19 Oct 5 Ways to Avoid the Mid Afternoon Crash
We all may have experienced that mid-afternoon slumber whilst at work. At Optimum, we have found these few tips assist to avoid hitting the wall and make the afternoon as productive as the morning.
- Eat more for breakfast, morning break and lunch. This ensures your blood glucose levels are stable or at worst – slightly modulating. This provides fuel to your brain.
- Avoid “calorie dense” foods where sugars and fats dominate.You know what we’re talking about!
- Maintain regular fluid intake across the day.
- Maintain regular sleep and activity patterns.
- Identify cognition decline rather than leaving it too late to act.